- Prerequisites: Two courses taught in German at the intermediate level: German 6 (LSA/+), German 10.00 (LSA+ or on campus), German 10.01, German 10.03, German 10.06, or by permission of the Chair.
- MInor-Level Courses: Four courses numbered German 13 or above, as follows:
- German 13-15 and German 42-47 are taught in English translation. No more than two may count toward the minor. Only one course from German 13-15 may count.
- German 29, 30, 31 (Berlin FSP/LSA+), and 61-87 are taught in German. A minimum of two must be taken to complete the minor.
- One of the German courses in English translation may be replaced with an appropriate advanced course in another department or program, such as Film Studies, Government, Engineering, History, Jewish Studies, Music, or Philosophy, with permission of the Chair. At least one-third of the coursework should be on a topic directly related to German Studies, or by permission of the Chair.